Sunday, August 18, 2013

Makers Gonna Make (Goals That Is)




It’s starting, you guys.

A new school year.

And in the life of Avery, new school years bring upon new goals. It’s one of the only things about me that is really constant. I’m a goal maker.

I like to blog about my goals because it helps me to really think on them as I type them out. And it also helps me stay accountable. Sort of.

So here we go!

1. Be Good To My Body
I want to make a real effort in taking care of my body. I want to work out more consistently, eat healthier, take better care of my skin, teeth and hair. Just all the way through I want to make changes and be more cautious about what I take in. It’s really important and if I don’t start now, I probably never will.
2. Have A Morning Routine
I’m not really a morning person. But I really want to be. And I think the first step is to get into a routine. Coffee, breakfast, quiet time, working out, etc. It’ll take some practice, but I think it’s possible. Or at least I hope so.
3. Stress About The Important Stuff
Stressing isn’t good. But I do it. Just like everyone else. And this year will be more stressful than most. But I am determined to stress less. It’s about knowing what the most important things are in life and only striving for those things. That’s my plan. I know that I will stress about important and unimportant things alike, but I hope to reduce that stress by a lot. Everything will work out in due time and I don’t want to take things into my own hands.
4. Invest In My Relationships
This is always a goal of mine, but it has become more of a priority now that I’m facing a huge change in my life soon. I want to only grow closer to the people who have been with me for years and to the ones who have faced the college experience with me. These people are important. And they should know that.
5. Be The Person I Want To Be Now
Sometimes you look back on your time and they way you spent and you realize that you’re not sure what you’ve done to be the person you’ve always wanted to be. I don’t want to finish school and feel that way. I want to look back and know that I made strides in the direction I need to go in. I don’t want to compromise my dreams or desires. And I want God to dictate those dreams and desires.

There they are. It’s going to be a crazy, beautiful year. I think I’m ready.

Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment